Friday, January 15, 2010

Holding


and so it was because I was filled with a particular heavy sadness that I prayed for a golden moment last night. A golden moment, meaning a moment that would directly remind me that there is still beauty in this world filled with sorrows. and it was as i was leaving a pre-school today, dog-tired weary and weighted that I decided to look back. One of the children, a very sweet three-year old boy stood at the window watching me and waving. As I waved in return, he held up his little hand to his mouth and with the gentlest release, blew me a kiss. He continued this simple, loving, and perfect gesture until I was well down the driveway and turning the corner. It is the love in the action that surpasses all language.Thank you friends.

1 comment:

  1. You are loved, oh so very much, my sweet Leila.

    ReplyDelete