Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Working on the final presentation. Wow. It's a lot of information and a lot of work but I think it will be pretty okay once it's sent off! If any of you wonderful friends, family, and supporters are interested in the final product, please let me know and I can send you a link to the power point. After working for a solid 4 hours this morning, I needed to wrench myself away from the computer screen and take a little walk around. Some observations - "Men at Work" blasting from a neighbors window...two dogs trying to procreate in an alley while the propane truck drove by blasting it's theme song...three visually impaired people leading one another in a line down the street until they bumped into a tamale stand...I tripped because I was watching them...more than 100 people gathered inside and outside one of the churches at 11am on a Tuesday...a teeny tiny little girl carrying a teenier puppy that she could barely hold...gorditas, peanuts, soy nuts, jicama, elote, tamales, papaya, watermelon, piƱa, coconut, and churros on every corner on almost every street...a woman using a machete to peel napolitas...a man carrying a bundle of roses that was bigger than him...the smell of roasted chicken, hot concrete, and fermented juice. Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment