Thursday, February 7, 2013

An ideal morning. Why? Because I woke up crabby and tired. I had finally checked books out from the Biblioteca thanks to one of my compañeras at CASA and all I wanted to do today was lay in the sun, read, listen to Lila Downs and drink ten cups of hot chocolate. With all of those wants hanging from the tips of my shoulders, pulling me closer to the dust, I walked to my day at CASA. After a short time, we had a two hour long meeting in the development office. I just listened with ever cell of energy I could muster. Listening without letting my crabby thoughts cloud my mentality allowed me to be present. My attitude shifted. I even started to understand a little more than I had before. By the time the meeting was over, I was there. I didn't want to escape any longer, I wanted to work. I started researching ways in which we could fund Colectivo 41 with online resources. I walked over to the building where all the promotores were working just so I could say hi and let them know I missed working with them. I was able to speak a little more Spanish that I could a week ago. I enjoyed my day in the office immensely, and then I came home. I'm not just making this up for added glitz; the chocolate really tasted better than it would have this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment