Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sitting alone in the Fortalacimiento office at CASA. There is an interview going on for a new executive director so I am by myself. The hum of all of the computers surround me and I can hear some of the children playing and laughing outside. I am waiting patiently for the woman who comes to CASA to sell jicama, pineapple, watermelon, chicken feet, candy, chips with salsa and hot sauce, gorditas, sodas, and probably more. There are lots of emails to read and send. There are thank you's to be written to the people that came to our event on Friday. I'm also hoping to research effective ways to raise money online for Colectivo 41. I shared the sour gummy worms my Mom sent me with Karen, the graphic designer, because they are her favorite. I'm thankful for the calm light, interspersed with conversations with others in Spanish. Slowly, I'm able to answer, and to understand a little more than I could before. I feel like I'm drifting cloth in the breeze. The world is alright in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment