Tuesday, February 5, 2013

We are getting ready today for our fundraising workshop tomorrow. There's a lot of details that go into this preparation. I will spare you kind readers from these details. I will describe some wonderful moments through out the day. Walking to the papeleria down the street to make copies of documents. The sun was close to us, warmth wrapped around my back and neck. I walked by the tortellerias that display dozens of raw chickens piled onto the counter next a small tower of egg filled cartons. I walked by the beauty shop, the car repair shop, the mini tiendas filled with everything from ribbons to a thousand varieties of Doritos. I walked past the children in school uniforms holding the hands of their parents, lapping happily on an ice cream cone or lollipop. I walked past one of the most incredible cactus plants that exists, I walk by it daily but it does not lose its awe. I feel lucky that I am a 5 month guest in this neighborhood. The smell of gasoline and dust, sun and soap, and the ever present corn tortillas frying; these have become the scents I am familiar with now. My feet ache happily each night from walking on these erratic cobblestone streets. I am slowing down and I realize how much I needed to. A lovely night to you all.

1 comment: